As obvious as this may seem, it’s amazing how online learning material can still be so overwhelming. I created this very basic and simplistic infographic to drive the point home. As someone who experiences jumping text and eye rolling due to over stimulation through screen reading, I felt it was necessary to point this out. It’s generally a good idea to include a variety of learning mediums so that you can reach the different learning styles – as we all learn differently. Stay tuned for a post on the various learning styles.
Tag: content creation
YouTube Academy & Tips
YouTube Academy is 100% worth the time and energy if you are serious about your YouTube channel. I’m constantly amazed at how YouTube continues to grow into what I think is the most powerful platform on the Internet and it promotes a place of creativity, independence and excitement. There is also a reward in all of this, getting paid. Although getting paid is a huge benefit in running a channel, it shouldn’t be what brought you there to begin with. It starts with your passion and if you’re really tied into it, then the rest will follow. In order to become monetized you need to meet certain criteria first and it’s become harder as of recently. So ultimately it’s really best that you’re driven by your passion and not the money. As YouTube emphasizes over and over in their courses, just keep at it!
My tips for starting out:
- Understand your niche(s)
- Come up with a branding
- Create videos you are passionate about and be yourself
- Don’t produce offensive content (stick to community guidelines)
- Use proper meta data (titles, keywords, descriptions & thumbnails)
- Don’t mislead or spam viewers (including in meta data)
- Engage your viewers & ask them to subscribe
- Create an upload schedule, let your viewers know about it and stick to it
- Understand analytics and utilize it to steer your channel
- Use tools such as cards, playlists and sections to group content
Check out YouTube Academy here: https://creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/education
TikTok Video Challenge
Make 5 tiktok videos & have fun!
Did you know that video has become the #1 media format consumed on the Internet today? And with almost 700 million users on TikTok spending at least 1 hour a day on the platform, means it’s the perfect time to get in on the action, and it’s never been so fun and easy!
The following video exercises are designed to acquaint you with the tools on TikTok. Each video should be 30 seconds or less and must contain your own video footage stored on your smartphone.
Before we begin, please create an account with a user name through ‘edit profile’ settings. I will provide a short introduction to TikTok’s environment and community ethics.
- Inspirational: Upload a video clip, add soundtrack, text, title, description, tags.
- Music Video: Clips synced with a soundtrack, add effects, filter, title, description, tags.
- Educational: Selfie green screen filter, add soundtrack, effects, title, description, tags.
- VoiceOver: Clip(s) and features from above, add title, description, tags.
- Collaborative: Duet or stitch a video, add sticker, title, description, tags.
- Bonus! Filter Face: Use any selfie face filter, add soundtrack, title, description, tags.
Prerequisites: Some computer navigation and smartphone camera experience.
Requirements: You will need a smartphone with camera accessibility and your video clips situated on your smartphone.
Disclaimer: I am not personally responsible for any of the impacts you incur with your TikTok account, be it negative 😦 or positive 🙂