I have compiled some short examples of how to use different learning styles in online course design and development. Best practice is to employ all of the styles as it benefits everyone. Do you have a specific learning style that you gravitate to? I would say for me, I use all styles but the one that I use the most would be concrete learning as I am a very hands-on type of person.
- Individual learning: working individually on a real time project.
- Social learning: engaging in live workshops and a social media group.
- Auditory learning: one on one instruction with me, voice overs in video examples.
- Visual learning: screen grab examples, graphics and embedded videos.
- Concrete learning: task of writing a blog post, producing a video, creating a graphic.
- Abstract learning: reading of instructions and additional linked materials.
- Logical learning: make reference to other similar technology programs.
- Sensual learning: crafting stories about themselves, reflection of feelings.
Gulbahar, Y., Alper, A. (2011). Learning preferences and learning styles of online adult learners. Education in A Technological World: Communicating Current and Emerging Research and Technological Efforts. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/266592841_Learning_Preferences_and_Learning_Styles_of_Online_Adult_Learners